You can donate to Lumos by purchasing a book by Founder & President of Lumos, and Patron of Lumos USA, J.K. Rowling. The Tales of Beedle the Bard is a series of five wizarding fairy tales, which help unravel the magical world of Hogwarts and beyond. Very Good Lives is the printed version of the author’s Harvard commencement speech. A percentage of proceeds from the sales of both books goes towards funding Lumos’ programmes around the world.


Tales of Beedle the Bard 

J.K. Rowling revealed four new wizarding fairytales for the first time in The Tales of Beedle the Bard, which was published after the Harry Potter series ended. In 2007, the author auctioned a copy of one of seven special editions of the book, raising £1.95 million for Lumos. In December 2008, the book was published by Lumos in association with Bloomsbury Publishing Plc., and became thefastest-selling book of that year.
The success of the book makes a vital contribution to Lumos’ work to transform the lives of eight million children living in institutions worldwide, with £1.61 or around $2.40 from every sale of Bloomsbury's edition donated to Lumos programmes around the world. To buy the eBook version of The Tales, please go to the Pottermore Shop – the exclusive on-line retailer of all Harry Potter eBooks.
To buy a traditional hard copy of the book from Bloomsbury, click here. For the Hogwarts Library Boxed Set which contains The Tales of the Beedle the Bard, as well as Quidditch Through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, please click here.

Very Good Lives

In 2008, Founder of Lumos J.K. Rowling delivered a rousing commencement speech at Harvard University, using anecdotal evidence from her own undergraduate years to discuss some of life’s most important issues. Emotional and insightful, it has since become the most-viewed commencement in Harvard history on the University website. Harvard President Drew Gilpin Faust says, “I have heard and read many commencement speeches, none more moving and memorable than J.K. Rowling’s."
Now, her original speechVery Good Lives is available to buy in print form, published by Little Brown. As well as revealing the answers to such profound and provocative questions as “How can we embrace failure?” and “how can we use our imagination to better both ourselves and others?” buying a copy of the new book will benefit Lumos’ programmes around the world. 90% of J.K. Rowling’s proceeds from the sales of the book will be donated to Lumos, with the other 10% going towards university-wide financial aid at Harvard University.
To purchase your print copy, you can visit the Little Brown website here.
Warner Bros. and movie prop and merchandise specialist The Noble Collection have created the Lumos Harry Potter Charm Bracelet Collection
Thanks to the generosity of both Warner Bros. and The Noble Collection, at least 15% of the suggested retail price of each bracelet and any subsequent charms will go directly to benefit Lumos’ projects around the world. This means that each purchase will be making a difference to the lives of vulnerable children and families.
The bracelets are currently available to purchase at in-park at Universal Studios, but also online at,, as well as Amazon UK, US and Germany.